Friday, February 15, 2008

Modena, Bologna & Ferrara

Every Tuesday, the Peggy Guggenheim Collection is closed. The intern capi plan trips for some of those Tuesdays and this week was our big trip. We went to a contemporary art exhibit in Modena and then to a photography exhibit. The entrance hall contained a photobooth and the purpose was that visitors would take a picture and get a copy to keep and a copy to donate for a future exhibition. Here is a photo of Sandra, Christina and me testing it out:


Afterwards, we toured around Modena and eventually stopped for a leisurely lunch. Beforehand, though, I got everyone excited about jumping photos. It's what I do.





After we'd finished lunch, we went to a gelateria that serves gelato in the shape of a flower!



That evening, my roommate Christina and I went to Bologna. The following morning, we climbed il Torre Asinelli. It was quite the workout.





Afterwards, I had lasagna bolognese which was amazing! The bolognese really know how to do their food! Here is a Valentine's Day window display. I had a heart shaped cookie to celebrate.



Yesterday, we went to Ferrara. There, we toured the castle. Here I am using the large mirror they'd set up so that we didn't have to strain to see the ceiling:



My favorite part was seeing the dungeon. I was afraid I'd be locked in forever:


And me enjoying the view from the top:


Lastly, we ate at the oldest Osteria in the world. We had two traditional dishes: Salame al Sugo and Pasticcio con Maccaroni Pastafrolla!



And so...for the next few days, I'm only eating salads!

1 comment:

Roman said...

I think I'm a better jumper than you are.